Thursday, February 12, 2015

Wow Life Update

So...I had a baby. Yup. I'm a mom. BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Maddox Kai was born on October 14, 2014 at the hefty weight of 8lb 4oz and 18 inches long. The labour and delivery story will come at a later date. :D

Maddox so far has been pretty strong. He had pretty good head control right from the get go and by a month old had almost full control. He giggles, yells, babbles, screeches and cooes. Very talkative little boy we have here. He sleeps through the night most nights anywhere from 8-12 hours and has been since about 3 or 4 weeks old (I think, can't quite remember but it was early). Naps like a champ (this week has been insane for napping!) and is just over all a really easy baby. Could not have asked for a better little guy.

Now that he's almost 4 months old I figured I should pick the blogging back up. Mostly to keep track of milestones for myself. So milestones this week include his first tooth!! and sitting up on his own!!! The tooth came in yesterday (the 11th) and he first sat up tripod style yesterday as well. Long enough that I was able to go to the next room to get my phone to take a picture of him. I'm impressed! He's only 4 months old for crying out loud! Neither of those things generally happen at this age. Way to go Maddox!

Another milestone this week is that Maddox and I have figured out what it takes for him to nap off of me! Woo hoo! I am no longer a baby pillow and can actually get things accomplished while he naps. Today he napped for 2 hours in the morning, a 30 min cat nap in the early afternoon and then another 2 hours in the evening. I can't believe how good he slept. Apparently the trick for him is to cozy him up in a large blanket such that he can bury his face in it. Silly boy makes me nervous sleeping like that but he sleeps like a damn with that face buried. I just stay close by and make sure he's still alive from time to time. I will uncover his face if I notice it's completely covered too but when I look back a few mins later he's got it covered all over again. Silly baby. Whatever gets you napping off of Mommy I'm ok with!

At night he still sleeps in the bassinet in our room. The weight limit on it is 15 lbs and the last time I weighed him at home he was 12.5 so we are getting close! We have a doctors appointment tomorrow so we'll see how much he is now. We are likely going to move his crib into our bedroom even though he's sleeping through the night as I am just not ready to have him that far away yet. Haha

As far as I am concerned, I have not ran in over 2 years. Last year due to a difficult pregnancy (I was very ill for the first half and fairly ill still for the second half) and hte year before due to old injuries constantly cropping up. This year I am determined to run! To help with the old injuries and hopefully keep them at bay I have decided to do a 30 day yoga challenge that I found on YouTube. I've done 3 days so far and I have to say I really like the lady doing it. She's very relaxed about it and stresses to take it easy as we ease into yoga. I really have high hopes for this strengthening my post post-partum body!

Speaking of post-partum! I am 6.5 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight! Woot! I also am able to wear all my pre-pregnancy clothing! Yay!! The belly is alright, nothing to be shy of that's for sure. Slightly looser skin than before I was preggers and 2 little stretch marks. I can't complain really. If you didn't know me you wouldn't know I had a baby. I feel VERY blessed that my body bounced back so quickly. I lost all the weight within 5 or 6 weeks of giving birth. :D

But anyhoo, that's all I've got for now the typing is threatening to wake Maddox. I'm sure I will think of much more to say in later blogs.

Bye for now.
Ryslan









No comments:

Post a Comment