Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bread and Yoga Day 5

Well that was nice and easy. Super simple day today. Lots of stretching, not much for exertion which is good because I'm still sore from my run on Monday.

So up until recently I figured I was a complete failure at making any kind of yeast dough. It was always just too dry and would not rise properly. After years of failures I figured out that my flour was ancient and I was using too much of it.

Today I tried again, this time with just simple bread. I found a recipe online that was done in the stand mixer and figured great! I can do this!. Well....what a complete disaster....I'm sure the recipe called for easily twice as much flour as it needed...I put in 3/4 of what it called for knowing that I have a tendency to put in too much and it was so much that the dough wouldn't even come together. Just formed in to hard dry turds of yeasty crap. /sigh

Not to be beaten by something as supposedly easy as making bread I trashed the crap I had just made and found a different recipe to try. The one I found called for half the flour of the first one and I decide to forget about the mixer and make it by hand. Oh my goodness we have DOUGH people! Like real, supple, springy, bready bread doughl! Look! It even rose up proper like!!




Holy moly it's working! Dough in the pan pre-rise. It rose up to the top of the pan before I put it in the oven.




WOW IT TASTES EDIBLE! So good! Nothing beats home made bread! John is going to be in for a real treat when he gets home from work tonight!




And I have to include a picture of my sous chef! Go M! His face is all red because he was chewing on a frozen teething ring thinger. You can see it on the edge of the picture. Teething is not fun...fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment