Wow Maddox has been a busy boy lately. He's crawling like crazy and getting into EVERYTHING! He is so much fun right now. He's even started to beeline for something if he thinks you are going to go get him. He tries to get there before he's caught. It's so cute!
He is also standing like crazy. He pulls up on everything and stands there babbling and bobbing around. He's starting to cruise around a bit and has even practised standing unsupported. He's gone as long as 10 seconds standing unassisted!
Sleep wise he's been MUCH better these days. He goes to bed around 8 and will often sleep until 1 or 2 before he wants a feed. If he does wake it's usually just to give him his soother back. He has had a bit of a cold the past week which I think is the main reason he's waking at night aside from a feed. The poor boy. It's been over a week since his cough started so it's time to take him in to get looked at. Our doctors office does walk-ins in the afternoon so we will try to get down for that today.
His naps have been going very well too. Now that the novelty of crawling and standing has worn off a bit and he has learned to lay down from standing he has gotten back into putting himself to sleep for naps for the most part. I can put him down wide awake and walk away and about half the time he will be asleep before I even think to check on him. The other half of the time he will holler for me, I'll go cuddle him for a bit, put him down sleepy and he will do the rest.
In non-Maddox related news I have finally gotten the itch to begin running again and started last week. This time around I am really enjoying it and I think my body was finally ready. The last time I started running after I had Maddox (6 months pp I think? Can't really remember lol) I could feel that I wasn't ready yet. I can't really describe it but my body just really felt off during and after a run. Like my pelvis was loose or something. It was really strange and uncomfortable so I took a few more months and did quite a bit of walking in the mean time. This time around the running is going VERY well. I feel back to my old self albeit very out of shape. My cardio is terrible but my muscles seem to have held up fairly well.
I have also figured out that if I tell too many people I'm back running or try to blog about it I end up feeling like it is a chore and tend to not go. This time around this is about all I'll be speaking of it unless something exciting happens during a run. I'm going to just kind of do it in the background for a little bit. Do it just for me and not be accountable to anyone but myself. I'm going to be casual about it and not stress when I miss a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment