Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crib Sleep!! Failure and Success!

After my last post I got thinking about Maddox's bedtime issue and I really do think he is just done in the bassinet. I've put him down in his crib for a couple bedtimes this week and he went down just like he used to. Played/babbled for a bit then out. I did bring him into the bassinet when he woke up around 10 for a feed because I just wasn't ready to have him that far away yet and the rest of the night was so so. Woke up every 2-3 hours for food in all his screaming glory. Fed him and he went right back to sleep.

Sunday night we tried to just leave him in his crib for the night. I put him down, in his sleep sack and he went to sleep pretty quickly. I thought yay! I'm in luck! Maybe this is the ticket! Well it was not to be... Between 10:30 and midnight he had me up 5 times! I was silly and tried to go to bed early that day, which was my first mistake. Had I been awake I wouldn't have cared that he had me going to him so often but as it was I was exhausted. Just as I would fall asleep he would wake me up. I think that's almost the worst sleepy feeling ever.

After the 2 hours of high maintenance baby I gave up and brought him back to the bassinet. Well what a night we had. He was up every 2 hours! And woke with the most pissed off screaming/shrieking. It was awful. Longest night we have had in a while. He wouldn't go back to sleep very well. I had to cuddle him to sleep each time before I could put him back into the bassinet.

The next night I was determined. He made it VERY clear that he did not want to sleep in the bassinet so I put him down in his crib and lo and behold he slept pretty good! He was still up fairly often but was easy to put back to sleep and didn't wake up pissed off. Just woke up and babbled until he cried and I went in to feed him. 

Last night I put him down in the crib again and wow! He went down at 7:15 and didn't wake until 10:30. I fed him and he went back to sleep and slept until 4:30!! Fed him again and he slept until 7:30. What a difference. He woke up happy and smiling. Went back to sleep super easy both times that he woke. No more angry baby. Mommy was only woken up once and it was the most wonderful feeling ever! Maddox has graduated to sleeping in his own room!



No comments:

Post a Comment