Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Running, Results Already?

Holy moly I forgot how much I loved running! I have not missed a run yet! Woohoo go me! I even managed to ride 3 days last week. I was trying for 4 but the Thursday life happened and I just couldn't make it work. :(The same thing happened yesterday. Darn you life!) But anyhoo, here's the summaries of my workouts since my last post:

September 12 was a 30 min run. I managed 4.61 km in 38:37 mins with an average pace of 8:23 min/km. Calorie burn was 313. Life happened this day so I didn't manage a ride but the run was great.

September 14 was another 30 min run. This one was 5.4 km in 45:40 with an average pace of 8:28 min/km and 377 calories burned. It was a nice enough run. Nothing special that I can remember right now.

September 15th was my barn day. Had a pretty good lesson on Lily bear. She was behaving herself so it was nice. We managed to get a flying lead change accidentally...I wanted her to trot..she didn't' want to...so she came into a VERY collected canter and did a very nice flying lead change. Buut since I wasn't asking her to do that I couldn't even reward her or make a big happy deal about it. I had to make her trot still. Oh well at least now we know she can do them.

September 16th (yesterday) was my first non 30 minute run. I managed This one was a bit of speed work. It consisted of a 5 min warm up then alternating 3 minutes of running fast with 3 minutes of slow recovery. I did 5 sets and was pretty pooped after. The 'fast' sections were the pace my legs naturally want to go so it was easy to settle into. It was hard to maintain though...my body can't quite do that speed yet so it was a good workout. The recovery speed was quite slow...pretty ploddy but I needed to be able to catch my breath and lower my heart rate in just 3 minutes. Was a nice run all in all. I think I'm going to like speed work!

September 18th's run falls on my barn day so I will be doing that run tonight. It's a 40 minute slow run which will be really slow since I ran yesterday and don't want to strain anything.

So I weighed myself this morning, I have been kind of hopping on the scale every other day or so for the past few weeks just so make sure I'm at least maintaining at my current weight. Well this morning I got on the scale for the first time in a few days and I'm down a pound! Thinking the scale was lying to me I also took my waist measurement and I'm down an inch just from the past 2 weeks! I was under 29'' in my waist for the first time in a few years! Go me! *fistpump

Anyhoo that's all for now.

Laters all.






No comments:

Post a Comment