Maddox is starting to be a bit of a mover. He is able to sit all by himself for a little bit at a time. If he turns his head he will fall over though so we need to sit with our legs around him still. He's starting to be able to stand holding onto things if we put him in the position which is super cute. If he's laying down on the floor on a blanket he's able to skootch down it so much so that he has almost gotten right off of the blanket more than once now. When he's doing tummy time he is starting to try to get his knees under him and can now reach for toys with both hands instead of having to prop himself up with one and reach with the other.
Maddox's favorite things right now are his dog toy and his horse toy. He loves sitting up in his high chair and absolutely loves being held standing up so he can bounce. This past week I have been at my mom's place and she has a jolly jumper. That is the best thing ever! He didn't really know what to do with it the first couple times but today he was trying to bounce and was spinning circles. I'll have to remember to take a video of it soon.
He has started eating solids! So far he's had carrot, sweet potato, apple and banana. Oh and some udon soup broth from our favorite sushi place in my mom's town. (He LOVED that broth) His favorite of the fruits and veggies was the banana. I gave that to him as a large chunk to play with and he seemed to really enjoy it. The rest I pureed up and of them he ate the most of the apple. Yesterday for the first time he actually opened his mouth up good for the spoon. Good eater in the making.
So far the only things he dislikes are Mommy walking away and staying awake too long.
As for napping he still naps like a champ! Here at mom's hes been napping in the playpen. The first couple days/nights we were here I figured out the hard way that he doesn't like the playpen with the infant insert. It raises up the mattress to about half way up like a crib on the highest setting making it easy to put him in and out of it. The downside is that it isn't flat or stationary. Just the way that it's set up there's a low point in the middle and it sways when he moves. He didn't like being effectively stuck in the middle and was so grumpy sleeping in it that the last night before I figured out the problem he flat out refused to sleep in it. I adjusted it to the bottom, where the mattress is nice and supported by the frame work of the playpen and he slept like a damn! He still go down as soon as he starts to grump and I can still put him down and walk away and he puts himself to sleep.
Night time sleeping has been pretty good as well. He goes down between 6 and 7 these days and will wake up around 10 for food and then around 3 or 4 for more food. He's up for the day around 8. He takes 3 to 4 naps a day of at least half an hour to an hour. One of them is almost always a 2 hour nap. Usually in the early afternoon. I LOVE those 2 hour naps!! I would like to say I get lots done around the house during those ones but that would be a lie. I get a lot of WildStar time in during those long ones. Haha
I'll leave you all with a 6 month picture. Proper monthly picture to come when I get home in a few days.
Such a handsome boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment