Thankfully we have started to baby proof the living room. We bought a wall unit for extra storage because the pointy daggery tables are now in the basement (along with the potentially baby killing 100+lb tv). While we were buying the wall unit we got a really nice tv stand for the downstairs tv for really cheap as well as a bench for by the front door, also really cheap. For all 3 pieces of furnature we probably spend around $1200. Not bad considering the original wall unit I wanted was $1200 from IKEA. The one we got was half the price and twice the quality from The Brick. Here's a picture of it all built:
It's still pretty bare as we don't have much for decoration as of yet. We are planning to wall mount the tv eventually so it will look more like it fits the space instead of looking to tiny. Yeah we probably just need a larger tv but hey this one was free, and if it falls on the boy it won't kill him like the big one we had.
Back to the Maddox updates. This boy now has 5 teeth!! And 3 that are on their way. He's a teething fiend these days. I'm going to go ahead and say that the teething is the reason his sleeping has been absolute crap these days. 2 days this week he has gone to bed just to wake up an hour later and need cuddles. I tried for over 2 hours the first night to put him back to sleep and over an hour the second night before I managed. The second night I eventually just let him whine it out. He would be fine in his crib as long as I was in the room with him but as soon as I would leave he would start to whine and cry. I'd go check on him and he'd be fine again which said to me that he didn't really need anything and had just figured out I would come back when he would whine. So I sat at my desk and let him whine until he actually got upset and then went to check on him. Gave him his soother and he started to actually try to go to sleep instead of whining at me. Took him a little while to actually fall asleep but once he did he was out for about 3 hours which is one of the longest stretches we've gotten out of him in the past week. He was up twice for food and then up for the day around 8.

No comments:
Post a Comment